Thursday, March 26, 2015

edward hopper painting story






 The Dude at The Gas Station


It was 1952 and there I was standing at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. I found myself standing up against my car staring at this dude that for what had seem like hours had been working on this gas pump. It was a beautiful red pump that’s color matched that of a plump red apple. The guy was wearing blue overalls and a white t-shirt that was drenched in sweat. My guess was that he probably wreaked of nastiness and sweat. I wanted to approach the man to ask if he needed any water but I withheld myself because I thought it would be rather amusing to watch this hard working man faint in the heat of the summer sun. Hours went bye and I was confused by the fact that no body not a single soul had noticed me creepily staring down this dehydrated man that was still working on the exact same fuel pump. As the day went by I finally got up to go get some food for I was starving and needed some munchies. I came back out and the man was still working away on the gas pump. I had no idea what he was doing to it nor did I care because it gave me something to do on a boring summer week day. Finally the man drenched in sweat loaded up his tools into his toolbox picked it up and walked to his old pickup and drove away into the sunset. I never was to see that man again.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to tell if your narrator is bad or good--he thinks of offering a drink (good) but delights in watching the man suffer (bad). Complex characters can be quite intriguing.

    ReplyDelete